TraderMade Systems Launches Historical FX Data Tool, FXQuest
The new historical database of FX prices allows clients to retrieve information for reporting and validating evaluations.
As the popular axiom goes, “knowledge is power”. Supplier of technical analysis solutions for the foreign exchange (forex) industry, TraderMade Systems Ltd, is drawing on this sentiment, today announcing the launch of FXQuest, a cloud-based tool that gives clients the ability to access more than four decades of forex data.
In addition to the historical breadth, FXQuest offers a wealth of information, including historical prices, spreads and technical data for more than 50 currency pairs, making it the world’s most comprehensive database of price information on the forex market.
Drawing on data that the firm collects from market makers and liquidity providers, the database allows users to pinpoint and verify an exchange rate at a specific point in time ranging from one day to one second, including high, low, open and close rates, according to the announcement.Furthermore, the company also said that it provides an API so that the tool can be integrated into an existing workflow.
Commenting on the new tool, David Upton, Chief Executive Officer of TraderMade Systems, said: “FXQuest benefits both intermediaries and their customers by providing objective information from an independent and established data provider at the click of a mouse.”
“In an increasingly regulated environment, we believe FXQuest provides an essential service that enhances transparency and trust between suppliers and consumers of forex pricing data,” he added.
Who Uses FXQuest
|Central Banks||Asset Managers||Banks|
|Physical Delivery Brokers||Wealth Managers||Auditors|
|Fund Managers||Treasurers||Payment processing|
|FX Broker Dealers||Custodians||Regulators|
With FXQuest you can
- Verify a price for ="market on a given Day, Hour, Minute, and Second
- Price Data Available
- Daily data available from 1985
- Hourly data available from 1985
- Minute data available from 1985
- Tick data available from 1st December 2015
- Data drawn from 60 plus liquidity price makers via an aggregator.
- Data sources are obtained from Mid/Large tier banks & data providers.
- Interrogate the TraderMade database for upto 40+ Currencies for Daily, Hourly & Minute Data (see TraderMade Currency Data List).
- Tick data also available in 54 currency pairs (see TraderMade Tick Data List on page 5) for validation/verification purposes.
Who Uses FXQuest & Why
- Intermediaries or liquidity providers can validate a rate provided to a customer (post trade)
- Customers can discover the execution rate during a transaction with their liquidity provider
- Traders can validate a rate received from a chosen (or many) liquidity provider(s)
- Regulators or reporting authorities can obtain an independent and objective view of the market at an historic moment in time
- Custodians, Fund Administrators, Fund Managers, Auditors or Fund Accountants can ascertain a fair and accurate price to use for mark-to-market or fund valuation purposes.
- Fund Managers who are shadow accounting fund administrators or custodians
- Fund Managers can obtain a price to use for assessment of performance or for determining asset allocations
- Treasurers, Risk & Compliance teams can obtain a fair and accurate rate for valuations to assess risk
- Any institution using a benchmark as part of their execution strategy
TraderMade is a market leading vendor of FX research, e-commerce, data and charting applications within the banking industry.
For more than 30 years, we have been delivering the highest quality research, charting and data to our clients. Our software is built upon unrivalled data and we also offer a complete integration of service across a range of products.
Our philosophy is to enable our clients to create and execute accurate decisions in the financial markets using innovative software that we have designed and developed for the global financial markets.
For a no obligation trial search for ‘TraderMade’ within your Thomson Reuters / Refinitiv Eikon App or speak to your Account Manager who will have further information.
Alternatively contact TraderMade directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 8313 0992.